Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Ravelympics turning point

Hooray!!! Here's to finishing my FLS!!! This is record timing for me and I now feel as if I could conquer the world. I'm qualifying it as finished despite the fact I have yet to block it, weave in ends, or add buttons. That being said I have one measly pre-finishing photo. Taken last night it's far from my best photograph. Nonetheless it's proof of my feat!


Better photos up this weekend, seeing as I'll be home to pick up my specially ordered knitpick harmony buttons.


Next up we have my current Ravelympics project, Wilf's hat from Doctor Who. I've always loved Wilf, he's the perfect grandpa in my opinion, alot like my own grandfather in a way. I've had an iching to make this and was even going to design my own pattern until a lovely raveler posted their own. I'm knitting this on dpns because it's the closest thing I had when casting on. I'm using some recycled yarn from a sweater I destroyed over Christmas break. It's absolutely perfect and is working up perfectly, my 4 inches of 1x1 rib so far looks fantastic!

I was hesitant to cast it on but figured I'm going for the gold! This will be my main project to finish off the ravelympics, although I plan to finish off that WIP blanket on size 50s (yes, you heard me right!).

♥ Freckled Crafter

No comments:

Post a Comment