Friday, October 1, 2010

Tyrolean Stockings

These have been on the needles for AGES! At least a year, probably more. They're full of mistakes and far from perfect but I think they're perfect! I like when my handmade items aren't absolutely perfect, then you can tell they were made with someone's own hands and my hands are far from perfect.

My friend Kathy from SnB actually has recorded on her blog a photo of me from September 27th, 2009. I believe I was just a few inches in so it was sometime around there.


Pattern: Tyrolean Stockings from Interweave Knits Fall 2007
Yarn: Good old Fisherman's Wool, some say they dislike it but I think it's a great basic wool for an even better price.
Modifications: Casting on more stitches, working the leg longer, thus almost knee high.

(Disclaimer: I threw on the skirt for the photos, no I didn't think wearing that shirt with that skirt would work, it just happens to be peaking out in this pic)




I finished them in perfect time for fall, although they're so warm they are probably better suited for winter. How bout them boots and that skirt? Both are thrifted, an issue I keep meaning to blog about.

♥ Freckled Crafts

1 comment:

  1. you did an excellent job on those socks! they look great with your suede cowboy boots too! i am loving the high socks and boot look!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete