Monday, March 23, 2015

Project Rewind: Farmer's Market and Dahlia Cardigans

You know all those projects that don't quite make it onto ravelry? Yeah, I have a lot of those. So I'm starting a new series on my blog called Project Rewind. I'll be sharing a project or two and a quick little bit on the yarn, pattern, and anything else notable. This is also an exercise in getting back to regular blogging. So...here we go!
 

Project Rewind: Farmer's Market and Dahlia Cardigans


My Farmer's Market Cardigan is one of my most worn sweaters. It has everything I love in a sweater. Warmth, shaping, an interesting collar detail, and pockets! It's also brown, a color I can wear all the time...and as you can see in this picture, I'll even wear it with black!
 
Pattern: Farmer's Market Cardigan by Connie Chang Chinchio from Interweave Knits Fall '09 (I've been an Interweave Knits subscriber since 2005!)
Yarn: Good old Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool. Not something I'd knit a sweater with nowadays but it's a great workhorse yarn, as long as you don't mind a little scratchy wool.
 
I think this sweater back in 2012. The collar was knit almost exclusively when I threw my back out and was couch bound for a week. I'd say that three years later this is still one of my favorite sweaters for just throwing on over just about anything!

 My Dahlia Cardigan is a love hate. I used to hate the construction of the long hanging fronts. Knit at the end of 2012 I feel as if this sweater has somehow become more my style, which I totally would not expect. This was the first really interesting construction I'd ever knit. You start with the back, knitting the lace panel from the center out. You then knit the top and bottom back panels, then pick up on the sides and knit vertically around the body, leaving armholes which you pick up later. I learned a lot about fit and construction with this sweater.


Pattern: Dahlia Cardigan by Heather Zoppetti from Interweave Knits Fall '11
Yarn: Shady Havens Fiber Designs Prime Alpaca which I bought at a fiber fair I helped a friend vend. The yarn always reminds me of the fun we had that day. I attribute a good portion of the reason I love this sweater to the soft drapey fabric the alpaca creates.

More Project Rewinds coming soon!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment