Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall weather leads to fall colors and comfort knitting


I know everyone says it but my favorite time of year is fall. When it's time to start pulling out the sweaters and scarves but not so cold you need winter coats and layers upon layers. Another thing is when fall rolls around all the beautiful colors make me want to knit comforting things in the same palette. Right now my two projects I'm switching between right now are my brown Dashings and my pumpkin colored Wheat-Ear Cable Yoke.
Also known as my Pumpkin-Wheat Cable Yoke this is a thought free project for when I watch tv etc. So far the mods have been knitting in the round (I just think it makes a better fo and it seems to go alot faster) and adding length through the body because I have a long torso.

The brown dashings are so that I don't get cold hands while knitting, blogging, or in class. I have some other fingerless mits but they're all at home. I love the smell of the wool and have kinda taken the pattern in my own direction and am doing the cables my own way, similar but not so perfect (I don't believe in ocd-ing over my knitting, I like to see where I've made it my own and where it's not absolutely perfect, truthfully I hate perfection). Knitting is my relaxation and why would I mess that up with worrying about ripping out and losing hours of work for one stitch. As long as the garment still looks good and works how I want why should I worry about it looking perfect?
One glove down, one to go.
I would have more knitting projects on the front burner but I've got halloween coming up and although I'm done with mine (Rainbow Brite, I'll post pics saturday) I now have my boyfriend's to work on which is gonna be slightly harder (Doctor Horrible, I'm making the goggles from science lab goggles and pipping because we couldn't find them at Lowes or Menards). I've never believed in buying $40 costumes that are complete shit, I'm way too crafty for that! DIY costume post to come soon, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you started a knitting blog! everything looks good so far!

    ReplyDelete