Thursday, January 29, 2009

What I've been obsesed with of late

My favorite designer at the moment is Stephanie Japel. I have more than half of Fitted Knits on my to do list and am currently working on her textured tunic with side buttons, it looks really beautiful but is so easy. I haven't had to take notes on little post-its like I usually do.
The next is my must have for summer, Japel's Cleo. It's probably the next thing I knit once I get birthday money etc.



I just love the way she structures her designs with the simplest and most attractive techniques. I can see myself wearing anything I knit of her designs for years and years. They're really classics and staples but very special at the same time.


Next would be my favorite blog, a Beautiful Mess aka Elsie, at: http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/. I've actually been reading her blog for quite a while but since I've started she's gone from selling her handmade items on her own to having her designs sold in Joannes and Michaels to finally opening her own store next week. Having seen her process it's astounding! It gives me faith that one day, if I decide it's what I want to do I could start my own sewing buisness. Create my own designs and make money while doing my longest standing hobby.

So yes, those are a few things I've been inspired by and in love with recently, enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am happy you found the Lesser Known Skeins on Ravelry. There are great fiber artists from all over the world.
    I also love Stephanie Japel designs.
    I have her new book and there are so many beautiful things that all will have a hard time picking what to make.
    I will visit and comment on your blog often.

    ReplyDelete