In about a week I had crocheted up seventeen squares and used up all the leftover yarn. Unsure what to do with them they went into a shopping bag and buried in my craft trunk. I finally decided a few weeks ago that I wanted a big bag for my current projects.
I then had to teach myself how to crochet the squares together, I'm pretty sure I did it wrong but I'm not too worried. A pair of handles, some plastic cross stitch sheets, and some fabric from the stash and a few hours and I had a new bag for my knitting!
It doesn't have any type of closure but it stays together pretty well. I like being able to grab stuff out of it on a whim.
I also love how perfectly it holds magazines and patterns. Last weekend I even put my current book I'm reading in it.
This is about what it looks like with all my stuff. Not too organized but I have everything I need, all my current projects in one tidy place. It's large enough I could even have a sweater project stored in here.
- Right now I've got a finished pair of socks to show off to my knitting group tomorrow.
- My knee high stockings, one is done and the other is about two inches in.
- Knitpicks Time Traveler sock yarn, for my upcoming nerdy socks.
- The second skein for the test knit gloves I'm knitting for a friend (they'd be in there too but I was knitting them :P ).
- One finished sock to the pair I'm making on a whim without a pattern.
- Various needles scattered on the bottom and magazines and patterns for all my projects.
Hope everyone's weekends are being productive, I made a new nerdy bag today I'll show off soon.
♥ Freckled Crafter