Friday, June 18, 2010

In my purse

I thought I'd try something new and show off my latest purse I made in the process. Some people get really into these and if you do a google search you'll find tons of 'in my purse' type groups and sites. I'm not one to label everything and show you all the content of every pocket but here's what it looked like when I dumped it all out, no wonder my shoulder hurts sometimes!



I'm trying out a new editor for pictures and it's been a lot of fun, especially for things like this. The outer fabric I'd chosen a while back and was waiting for this project. I had it all set up in my mind and finally got a chance to make it a few weeks ago. I quilted the outer fabric with a layer of fleece and in the handles added extra support of canvas. The interior is a sushi pattern I've had for years, the bag kind of reminds me of my art history class last semester on women in Japan, I think that's where I got the inspiration. It's really comfy to wear and fits an amazing amount of stuff!
Of course I had to make a matching wallet, for this I tried out my embroidery skills which aren't perfect by any means but it was a lot of fun. The hardest part was figuring exactly how to sew all the inside pieces together so no raw edges would show. I'm pretty proud of it despite the millions of mistakes.



I look at it as a learning process, as I do for everything else I make. It may not be perfect but I've learned something that I can apply next time to make it better. I'm anything but a perfectionist!

More stuff I tote around daily later,
♥ Freckled Crafter

No comments:

Post a Comment